Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Goings On

Its been awhile since I posted and just wanted to get on here and update a little. So, Kimball is now about a week and a half, he was circumcised last friday and I was a little nervous that something might be wrong, or not healing right, so I took him back in today to get checked out. He's fine, and everything is going great, so nothing to worry about there. Phew. They weighed him and he already weighs 8 lbs. 9 oz., when we left the hospital he was down to 7 lbs. 11 oz. so he's already gained all that back plus 9 oz. What a good growing boy! He's also gained atleast half an inch, can't believe how fast he's changing already! I keep meaning to take some pretty pictures of him, but I'm just not finding the time (or energy really), but I'm going to do it soon! He is the sweetest baby and we just adore him!

The other kids are doing great too, Bethany's a total baby monger, she wants to hold him all the time. Its cute and annoying all at once. ;) Maddie likes to tell everyone that Kimball looks like her because he likes her so much, she's funny. And I'm really happy with how well Sam's doing with Kimball, I was so worried he wouldn't like him and he'd be mean but he's doing so great! He wants to give him kisses all the time and brings his pacifier over and tries to give him toys to play with, its fun to see him being the big brother!
Dave's doing good at AIT, he's been trying to get good scores on his testing, and raise his physical training scores too. Its been so nice to get to talk to him on the phone every day and tell him whats going on and hear what he's doing. I'll be honest, its really hard to have him gone and I feel really sad some days so much I can hardly stand it. Mostly because Kimball's changing tons already and David will miss all of it and I hate that. I also hate having to be both parents and having to take care of EVERYTHING. But if you have to do it, you had better just suck it up and do it right? I'm hoping my crazy hormones can uncrazy really soon too. :)
Well sorry this post doesn't have any pictures to add to it, its a lot more fun to look at cute baby pictures than to hear me whine! Next time, for sure I'll be adding pictures (and maybe whining too, who knows?).

1 awesomeness!...and attractiveness!:

Jenifer said...

Just know that you are NOT alone in doing EVERYTHING all by yourself.... I had Delaney while Matthew was in Iraq. She was 4 1/2 months old when he got hoome. We are now on our 6th deployment (1st to Afghanistan, but did 3 to Iraq and 2 to Okinawa too) It will all work out! It IS HARD! and not everyone gets that.... Be strong!