Saturday, May 17, 2008

Samuel Walker!

All week long I had things that needed to get done, like preschool graduation, and thursday I had my first lia sophia party to host, they were things I had back ups for but it was much better to do them myself. So anyway, maybe after the party thursday I felt relieved it was over or something, but right at the end there when we were loading up, I started having contractions again. I thought it was nothing and went to bed hoping the would relax and I could sleep (it had been a long day!) but about midnight I woke up and I couldn't take it anymore, so we called Carla (I'm forever grateful for!) and she came and stayed the night with the girls. We got to the hospital out in Orem about 12:30, and I'd already dialated from a 3 to a 4 since my appointment that afternoon. Long story short, after being up all night and finally getting the epidural, they broke my water at 5 am. We had a small scare after that, whenever I had a contraction his heart rate would drop really low, after the contraction was over it would jump back up, but it was really pretty scary, they were talking about a c-section if things didn't come back up, and they put an oxygen mask on me to help him get more oxygen in between contractions. I don't know about you guys, but I shake a lot when I'm in labor, I was shaking so much my jaw hurt from clenching my teeth! But we were lucky that everything went really quickly and he was born within one contraction at 6:02 am. It ended up that the cord was wrapped around his neck twice, and thats why his heartrate was dropping. So while they worked on me, they worked on him, he cried so cute, they were worried about his breathing and his coloring, so they were going to take him to the nursery and give him an IV and some fluids but they wanted to let me hold him first; and after I held him he was looking so much better they didn't think they needed to do anything else. So anyway, he was 7 lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He's amazing and I couldn't believe how surprised I was because he didn't really look at all like I thought he would! He's still gorgeous, just not what I had pictured! He's been so amazing, he's very calm and hardly ever cries, only when we change his diaper pretty much! We'll be posting more pictures soon I'm sure, the darn battery in my camera died last night, so we'll be taking LOTS more pictures as soon as its charged!

Right after he was born!

First time seeing eachother!

Dad and Son--could Dave be any happier??!!

not just the little sister anymore

big sister twice now!

Isn't he perfect!

4 awesomeness!...and attractiveness!:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

I am so happy for you. He is adorable! Congrats!

Delee said...

He's adorable! Yeah, he's finally here! Congratulations! We wish you all the best!

Shane & Laina said...

SO cute!!! So glad he's here and all is well. You're awesome!!!!

Kerrilyn said...

He is so darling. It's hard to think how tiny they come and then grow so fast. I love those tiny toes. I am glad everything worked out good.